The Corporate Services Committee of the NWGB is established in terms of section 16A of the North West Gambling Act (Act no 2 of 2001), as amended. The Corporate Services Committee has been established by the Board of Directors to act in the capacity of a Corporate Services Committee in respect of the entity and thereby to assist the Board with regard to matters set out below in the terms of reference.
The Committee has the duty and responsibility to:
The Compliance Committee of the NWGB is established in terms of section 16A of the North West Gambling Act (Act no 2 of 2001), as amended.
The Committee shall be responsible for:
Considering and rendering advice to the Board on investigation reports, investigation methods, the licensing, regulatory compliance, gambling audit processes and technology that could improve the effectiveness of NWGB operators.
The Audit Committee is constituted in terms of section 77 of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA). The Audit Committee has been established by the Board of Directors to act in the capacity of an Audit Committee in respect of the entity and thereby to assist the Board with regard to matters set out below in the terms of reference.
The Audit Committee has authority to conduct or authorise investigations into any matters within its scope of responsibility. The Audit Committee has explicit authority to investigate matters within its powers, as identified in the written terms of reference. The Audit Committee must be provided with the resources it needs to investigate such matters and have full access to information. The Audit Committee must safeguard all the information supplied to it within the ambit of the law.
It is empowered to:
• Appoint, compensate and oversee the work of any registered public accounting firm employed by the organisation;
• Resolve any disagreement between management and the Office of the Auditor General South Africa and Internal Audit, regarding financial reporting;
• Pre-approve all auditing and non-audit services;
• Retain independent counsel, accountants, or others to advise the Audit Committee or assist in the conduct of an investigation;
• Seek any information it requires from employees, all of whom are directed to cooperate with the Committee’s requests or external parties; and
• Meet with management of North West Gambling Board, Internal Audit and the Office of the Auditor General South Africa, or outside counsel, as necessary.
The Audit Committee will evaluate and monitor the overall audit process and facilitate communication on audit-related matters between directors, management and auditors. The Audit Committee will carry out the following responsibilities:
Evaluation/review of any irregularities reported through irregular, fruitless and/or unauthorised expenditure.
Review /evaluate any impact or changes of legislation with reference to procurement management and cost containment.
Perform the functions of the performance committee with that of the Audit Committee by executing the following responsibilities:
The Committee has the responsibility to: